Monday, August 5, 2013

Tuscan Bean Pizza

Oh my poor blog.  Can you tell I went back to work?  It really takes up so much time!  My evenings and weekends are now jam packed with all the things I used to do during the day.  I am exhausted!  Unfortunately the blog has been loosing out to running (5K coming up on Saturday!) and fun things like laundry.  Actually our weekends have been full of a lot of fun things so I can't really complain.

Usually I can at least come up with some food to post
but I'm not even cooking lately.  Kayleigh has been handling dinner 4 times a week.  She has to do it all by herself and she's been doing a really good job.  I knew all that time in the kitchen with me would come in handy!  I am so happy she has been willing and able to help out but I miss cooking.

Sunday we made it home in time for dinner so I spent a few minutes throwing something together.  This is not my own recipe.  It comes from "Vegan on the Cheap".  I looked at this recipe for a long time before making it.  I don't know what I was waiting for.  We all really like it and now that tomatoes are at the farmer's market, it tastes even better.

Tuscan Bean Pizza

Pizza dough - I use my own recipe for the dough.  It can be found on our old blog by clicking here.

1 tablespoon olive oil
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 can great northern beans, drained and rinsed
sprinkle of salt
sprinkle of pepper
1/3 cup water
3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
enough sliced tomatoes to cover the top

Make the dough and stretch over a pan or stone.  

In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium heat.  Add the garlic and cook until softened.  Add the beans. Mash the beans to break them up then stir in the water and simmer about 8 minutes.  Stir in the basil.

Spread the bean mixture over the pizza dough.  Arrange the tomato slices on top and then sprinkle with salt and pepper.  Bake at 425 degrees for 12-15 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment