Sunday, August 18, 2013

Two Funny Drinks

The first one I actually drank myself.  The second one I did not.

First we'll start with Kombucha.  I have heard about this several times.  It's funny how certain products seem to become very popular and you start seeing them everywhere.  I usually avoid these on purpose.  Somehow Kombucha caught me at a weak moment though and I bought it.  My husband and I both caught some kind of stomach bug last week.  It didn't make us very sick but we definitely weren't feeling right.  In general I have issues with digestion and since Kombucha contains a good dose of probiotics, I decided to give it a try.  It also has a decent about of vitamin B12 which is always a nice bonus when you don't eat animal products.

My health food store had many brands but I went for Synergy mainly because it seemed somewhat familiar.  I bought the mango flavor because I really like mango in general.  I also grabbed the strawberry flavor because it was half off.  I hesitated for a minute because I thought maybe it wasn't a very popular flavor and they were just trying to get rid of it but how can strawberry taste bad?

I drank some of the mango as soon as we got in the car.  My daughter was disgusted by it and wouldn't even give it a try.  I thought it tasted mostly like regular mango juice but with a bit of fizziness to it.  In general I don't like fizzy drinks but it wasn't so much that it bothered me much.  Overall, I thought it was pretty good.  Then I tried it again later in the day and didn't enjoy it quite as much.  Maybe I was just thirsty the first time because each time I try it, it tastes a little worse.

I was ready to give up on them completely but I thought I should at least try the strawberry one.  I was worried immediately because when I opened the bottle, it was really fizzy.

And while the mango tasted good to start with, this one was funny.  BUT after a few more sips, I actually found that I prefer the strawberry one (which tastes nothing like strawberry, by the way).  It is really fizzy though.  I do feel better now but I'm not sure if that is because of the Kombucha or just because of time.

And, speaking of strawberry...


The second drink, or at least the empty can, was discovered by my husband.  His job requires him to spend a lot of time walking through fields.  Usually he picks up any cans he finds and brings them home to put with our recycling.  It is amazing how many people must hang out in fields, drinking beer, and littering!  This week he found this margarita in a can.  Does that actually sound good to anyone?  Yuck!  We had never heard of this before and we will not be trying it anytime soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment