Sunday, November 24, 2013

New Goal

One thing I know about myself is that I'm very goal oriented.  Lately I've had a lot of headaches and problems sleeping and just generally not feeling well.  A big reason for this is that I have a stressful job that only gets more stressful at year end.  But I think another big issue is that I haven't been exercising.  I keep wanting to get back into it but then I'm so tired, I decide not to. That makes me even more tired and it gets into a never-ending circle.

This morning I managed to get on the treadmill for 30 minutes.  I had planned to just walk but then a good song came up and ended up running for 5 minutes in the middle of it.  Of course, today is Sunday so I have more time to fit in a workout.  The problem comes during the week.

That is why I've decided to set a specific exercising goal from now to the end of the year.  I thought it would work best to set it as a weekly goal so that I have some flexibility in my week.  I went through several ideas but I've decided to keep it simple and aim for 2 hours total exercising during the week with at least 4 miles of running.  It doesn't sound like much but it is way more than I have been doing.

I'm going to monitor my time from Sunday to Saturday so each Sunday I'll post my results for the week.  I'm hoping this will get me back in the habit and then I can set a new goal after the new year.

No comments:

Post a Comment