Sunday, December 15, 2013

Winter Exercise Goal - Week 3

I just finished week three and once again I met my goal:

Total workout time - 2 hours 18 minutes
Total run distance - 4.25 miles

Every week I think I'm not going to reach the running goal but so far I've been able to pull it off.  Friday I struggled through my run but ended up getting 2 miles.  That left me with only half a mile needed on Saturday.  I really need my recovery days so even though it wasn't a long distance, I was worried about running two days in a row.

Since it was such a short distance though, I decided to push my speed.  The guidelines I was using last winter on the treadmill were 5 MPH for slow, 5.5 for comfort and 5.8 to push myself.  Recently I've noticed that anything below 6 MPH seems really slow.  So yesterday I ran the half mile at 6.5 just to see it I could do it.  Once I met that challenge and walked a little bit, I decided to go a quarter mile more but keep increasing the speed to see the fastest I could handle.  Shockingly, I got up to 7.4!  I possibly could have gone faster but I got scared and had to slow down.

Overall, I feel a lot better.  My headaches, upset stomach, and general tiredness have mostly gone away while my stress at work has increased so I think the regular exercise is definitely working.

One of my co-workers is doing a plank challenge so I decided to start that last week as well.  I had my daughter pick a random 30-day challenge off the Internet and she picked this one:



I started this past Monday.  Planks are probably my biggest weakness so I'm not sure how I will do at this.  As you can see (maybe) I did 45 seconds today but by the end of the week, I'm supposed to be at 1.5 minutes.  What?!  We'll see!

No comments:

Post a Comment