Thursday, May 2, 2013

Lemon Asparagus

I love asparagus.  I think that is partly because I only eat it when it is in season and, since there isn't much else in season at the same time, I can really focus on it.  I eat it constantly for about a month and then spend the rest of the year waiting for it to come back.  I often just steam it but sometimes I add it to pasta dishes or make a soup.  This is my favorite though. 

 Lemon Asparagus

One bunch of asparagus
4 tablespoons olive oil
Zest from one lemon
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
Lemon juice

Whisk the oil, zest, salt, and pepper together in a bowl.  Dip the asparagus tip into the mixture so that it is completely covered.
 Then slide the rest of the spear through the oil mixture for a light coating. 
Place the asparagus spears on a cookie sheet (they can be close together).  Cook in a 400 degree oven for 15 minutes.  The tips will get slightly crispy.  Sprinkle with lemon juice before serving.

I should have taken a picture once they came out of the oven but I was too focused on eating them!  And, because I'm very classy, I ate them with my fingers!


No comments:

Post a Comment