Monday, June 24, 2013

My Favorite Green Smoothie

Today I am supposed to be posting another eggless experiment but we had a really busy weekend and didn't get around to baking cookies.  So we will do that later today and report in tomorrow.  Instead you are getting another smoothie recipe - but this one is my favorite green smoothie.  This is the one you should try if you are just now experimenting with them.  The ingredients are rather basic but give enough sweetness that you don't need any added sugar, even if you aren't used to adding greens to your drinks. 

It is impossible to get a good picture of a green smoothie.  It doesn't help that I didn't think to take a picture until I had already started drinking it.  I had read somewhere that you may want to drink from a closed container to begin with so you aren't thrown off by the green color.  I actually like the bright green because it makes me feel extra healthy.  I took this smoothie with me to a family get-together yesterday, though, and put it in a non-see through bottle so that everyone would think it was just water.  I also used to do that for work. 

This morning I was very surprised to walk out on my porch and realize the air was actually cool even though it was still humid.  I decided to seize the moment and went out for a run.  Just as I got home and sat down with my leftover smoothie, it started to rain.  That is a bonus on a bonus on a bonus!  I went running when I hadn't planned to, beat the rain, and then drank a healthy green smoothie!

 Home just in time.

Speaking of smoothies, Jacqueline over at Tinned Tomatoes has posted the round up from the smoothie contest.  Be sure to check out all the great entries.

My Favorite Green Smoothie

1 banana
1 cup mango
1 cup pineapple
1 cup spinach
2 cups water

It works best if at least one of your fruits is frozen.  If you have all fresh, add some ice in place of part of the water.

Blend until smooth.  This can be enjoyed through your day.  I usually keep it in the fridge and pull it out for a few sips all day long.


No comments:

Post a Comment