Tuesday, June 4, 2013

One Strawberry

It has been really cold around here lately.  I planted basil and parsley a few weeks ago and I've been a little worried that they wouldn't grow.  I went out to check on them this afternoon and luckily they are doing fine.  The basil is actually really thriving which is interesting because it usually does well when the weather gets really hot and humid.

As I was pulling a few weeds, I noticed this:

A perfectly red strawberry.  I got really excited and went inside to get a bowl.  As it turned out, that was the only red strawberry.  There are a lot of white ones though so we should be flooded in strawberries soon. 

The plants are so high and full now that I almost couldn't make out where the stepping stones were.  I had to reach down and move the plants to the side so that I could see where to step next.  As corny as it sounds, I immediately thought of my life path over the past year.  I haven't always been able to see clearly where I was going but somehow along the way, I managed to find those stones and navigate through it.  Then I was thinking about how maybe that one strawberry is the perfect job that is waiting out there for me.  There are plenty of others that are almost right but only the one that is the right fit for me. 

Regardless of any deeper meaning, I ate the strawberry immediately and it was delicious!



No comments:

Post a Comment