Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Vegan Mint Chocolate Shake

I'm all alone today.  Bill has a meeting after work and then his normal Wednesday night training ride.  Today is Kayleigh's last day of school but the orchestra is performing at commencement tonight so they have to go straight to the venue for rehearsal.

So I decided to get some decent workouts in.  First thing this morning, I tried some new yoga routines that I found online which focused on my very weak arms and ridiculously tight hamstrings.  Then after lunch, it was so beautiful I decided to go for a walk.  I still have this lingering cough so I can't run much but I managed to walk 4 miles in a little over an hour.  Later I am hoping to do a short ab workout.  We'll see, I'm getting pretty tired!

I felt so good after that long walk, I decided to treat myself with a shake.  This is just as healthy as my usual fruit-greens-water smoothies but it feels more decadent!  It is lovely and thick and very much like a milkshake thanks to the avocado.  This recipe makes one nice large serving.

Mint Chocolate Shake

1 cup non-dairy milk
2 cups spinach
1/2 avocado
1/8 cup cacao powder
1/8 cup agave nectar
1/4 tsp mint extract
1 cup ice cubes

Blend everything until smooth.  Sprinkle with hemp seeds and cacao nibs for extra pretty, crunchy, nutrition.

By the way, I'm entering this in Tinned Tomatoes' "No Croutons Required" contest for June.  Please check out her blog

No comments:

Post a Comment